Good Faith Estimate
- You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical and mental health care will cost.
- Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including psychotherapy services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including psychotherapy services.
- You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
- For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises.
I have fixed rates for therapy sessions. However, I believe that money should never be a barrier to professional services. I am happy to discuss various alternative options which includes a sliding scale fee for a limited number of sessions. We can discuss these options during the free consultation session.
Paying for Sessions:
I use Ivy Pay, a HIPAA-secure, PCI-protected payment service that allows you to pay for sessions by saving a credit or debit card on-file. Once you’ve added your card to Ivy Pay once, charges can be quickly and easily processed.
Here’s how it works…
- I will send you an invite text via Ivy Pay’s secure system.
- Tap on the link in your invite text to be taken to the secure ‘Add Card’ form.
- Scroll down on the ‘Add Card’ form, add your card details, and tap ‘Save & Pay.’ Your card will be encrypted and stored on our secure servers, and will be charged for that day’s session.
- Moving forward, you will receive a text confirmation any time your therapist uses Ivy Pay to charge your card on-file. This will appear in the same thread as your original invite text. (If you ever need to update your card details, just tap on the invite link and follow Steps 1-3 above.)
- Beacon Health Options
Some insurance plans offer out-of-network benefits. I am happy to provide statements for sessions. Some plans will reimburse all or part of the rates. Please check with your insurance plan.